Thursday, January 15, 2009

NCLEX-RN TIPS


Hi, this would be the most important tip that I can give you. First of all, you got to find out good books, and finding them gets you tiring if you know what I mean. There are a lot of books out there, I would advice you get at least two. The first books for your NCLEX-RN practice questions, do not look for too many questions, if you do, then promise your self that you will going to finish it.

What I used for practice test is "SAUNDERS 4th Edition", it had a comprehensive review in all fields of nursing, and a companion CD that had 4,200 plus NCLEX type practice questions, also it contains easy to understand formats.

The other books are "ABC of Passing the Foreign Exam" and "NCLEX 311" both are written by Ray A. Gapuz. The foundation or basic strategy of my review lies on the so called yellow book (ABC of Passing the Foreign Exam).

Well you got to admit, that memorizing laboratory values get you annoyed. It is too many, to memorize, and you know that a lot of deadly questions would be found on those normal laboratory values. Now, the book also had a good pace, you just got to follow it.

Now since you get laid your foundation on the rock, you have to assess your ability. Try answering the Assessment test, it had 75 item, you need to get at least 65%.

Backed it up with NCLEX 311, it had 311 question. The thing is, these questions allows you to focused your mind on the Nursing Functional Concept, which by the way your foundation right?

Now may be you are thinking, about the thick book? Okay, you need it also, but not reading it page to page, as other would like you to do. Here is my advice, follow the schedule of topics which is located in the CD. Since you first read the yellow book you already had a birds eye view in all the topic inside it. This is the thing it will keep your reading fast, not only that, you will discover on the latter part of that you will realize "hey! I already know this stuff!!!! senario. Do this for one month.

The Second phase, this will take you another month. You have to practice answering all the topics inside the CD. NO more reading okay, it is time to use your own neurons.

If you get 80 to 95% and had 10 plus cluster ( 1 cluster = 4 correct answer) hey you are ready my friend! I bet you will shut off on 75 question, and you know how it feels to be a PASSER.


4 comments:

  1. Hello. My name is Valentina. Thank you for your help $ advice. I can't pass NCLEX-RN exam 3 times. I need book R.A Gapuz(NCLEX-RN 311) I try to order but same problem wiht order. Please help me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, if you are in the US the title of the book is Nclex in a flash (NCLEX 311) that is just the same authored by R.A. Gapuz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I need the NCLEX 311, ABC's and TIPs book by Gapuz. You say it is same author but is it the same book. I am willing to buy these from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Register NCLEX stands for National Council Licensing Examination. It is a test to determine if the candidate possesses the minimum level.
    Email:info@buynclexdirectlicenseonline.com
    Email:Crackdispensary@Gmail.Com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete