Monday, January 26, 2009

What can I do, if I fail Nclex three times or more?

Hello my friends, I know what you feel. Today, I can tell you my little secret. I had failed once in CGFNS qualifying exam backed on 2007, and I know exactly how you feel.

Now, what I did is simple: accept that you fail, and the only next thing that you do is to assess again your weakness. Finding those loops that keep you under dog is difficult, but trust me, once you found it, you will be happy.

In my case, I thought the CGFNS is just an easy analytical type of question. So what I did before is just memorize a lot, then re-apply it in the questions. If ever you do that you will gonna fail. Why? Because it will take you longer to answer the questions, plus sometimes you tend to over analyze it. So the tip is, never over read thick books.

What I did is to find a book that is handy, but yet complete. I think the questions asked in CGFNS is not all about principles or laws in nursing but techniques, or especial teachings, which sometimes is not included in thick books.

I change all the books I had and bought small books, rather than thick ones. Plus, I change my study habits, and I started answering 200 items, and aims to get 100+ of it. Guess what? I passed.

Now about NCLEX-RN, first assess your self. If your weakness is on drugs then study it. You can buy books or CD's with a lot of question formats, study it and I really mean it. Try to blend with the questions, do not be a trigger happy, think but do not over play it. What I mean is move forward. You have to practice it, try answering 400 questions in a day. First 200 items in the morning, do not forget to count your cluster, you have to get at least 7 or 8, then have a afternoon nap. Trust me, you need it. Then the other half in the afternoon.

If it is not good, let us say you only got 6 clusters, do not pannic, relax and breath out. Just remember this, if the total correct answers were around 65 and 70 and you get 8 to 10 cluster you are in good shape. If that is a real exam, you will certainly pass, and I bet you will shut down at 75.

Next, this is very important. Do not search for real nclex questions over the internet. I mean those questions that were shared by former examiners, trust me they are not real. Those questions and their answers would impede your performance, just try to focus more in your personal review.

In the end of the day, before you close your eyes, pray to God. Pray for good judgement, and clear mind. I hope this tips would help you my dear collegues...

No comments:

Post a Comment